The Ghost Engorger
A downloadable game
My first Ludum Dare and first published game. It's... Interesting.
Link to Ludum Dare page: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-34/?action=p...
You're a thing-dude who likes to eat ghost-dudes, and you GROW bigger as you eat more ghosts. You can only eat ghosts that are smaller than yourself, however, and bigger ghosts will kill you!
Become big enough to eat the gate-keeper dude at the top of the level, and you can start the game over with a brand-spankling new SCORE POINT! The game gets harder as you go, so see how many points you can get.
But don't become so big that you get stuck in the level. A ghost could totally come over and kill you, and you wouldn't be able to move. That would suck.
Turn Left = Left Arrow / A
Turn Right = Right Arrow / B
Turn Around = Left + Right Arrow / A+B
Oh Boy, I REEAAALLY should have done the warm-up. Most of my time was spent trying to figure out how to do things that I had never done before, since I only started learning how to make games a few months ago. If I had had more time, I would have added and fixed all this stuff. Oh well, you live and learn. This wasn't bad for a first-time-jam, I don't think.
- Sound and Music :(
- Proper window sizing (I'm sorry if the 800x800 window goes off your screen :( )
- More levels and a transition between them
- Overhauled the graphics to make the player character a guy on a skateboard with a vacuum on his back, sucking up all of the ghosts while the vacuum bag gets bigger, and given the ghosts different, better sprites.
- Main Menu
- Pause Menu
- Mini-map, so you know which direction you're facing, and an arrow pointing to the GateKeeper when you're big enough to eat him.
- Countdown to Start when the level starts
- Smoother turns for player and enemies
- Better-Reading text (one of the last things I added was text on screen :/ )
- Enemy AI not working quite right/displacing enemies
- Probably a lot I haven't seen. I programmed right down to the wire.
Click download now to get access to the following files: